The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd
Comfort In Christ

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Breath of Life

Ezekiel 37:5-"Thus says the Lord God to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live."

From the dawn of creation to babes born yesterday, it's all about Jesus Christ, the giver of life. In going to sleep for surgery and waking up with one less lung, it's all about Jesus Christ the, "breath of life." Owing Him nothing but wanting to give Him all that's tattered and torn so that He can resurrect my life on earth to truly have meaning, loudly proclaiming; "to God be the glory" since eternity is after all only one step, one breath away.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/nkjv/ezekiel/37.html

It's impossible to walk in the Spirit, and bear the fruit of the Spirit when preoccupied with the things of earth. The mind wanders. The heart is torn. Eventually trouble, and discontent become the order the day. The Lord Jesus Christ has so much more for us, if we would just put Him first. Jesus said, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) Instead of letting the worries of this life steal peace of mind and kill  hope in our hearts, why not "turn our eyes upon Jesus; look full in His wonderful face?"

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." (Genesis 2:7) The Sunday after my surgery (on 5/29) my husband and I were watching the live webcast of our church service in my hospital room and Pastor Robert referenced "the breath of life" in his opening prayer. How fitting since I just had a lung removed. The Lord Jesus is my breath, my life and I want to make every moment count for Him. I pray it will be so. If you want to take a listen to this key message here is the link http://www.calvarytucson.com/listen.asp
May the Lord bless you!

For more posts from Comfort in Christ Cancer Support go to http://comfortinchristcancersupport.blogspot.com/

To receive automatic email updates of new posts, send an email request to: comfortinchrist@googlegroups.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment