The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd
Comfort In Christ

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Better Way


No one escapes life without experiencing trial of some sort, a time of testing; perhaps a time of suffering; a time of great loss. We try to comfort each other as best we can, with peppy perk-ups like think positive, which to be sure is better than dwelling on the negative, but there is a better way.
There was a man named Job and he was the most righteous man on earth. God allowed Satan to test Job in every way possible but he could not destroy him. Job had a choice is how he dealt with his suffering, as do we all. Job could have cursed God as his wife suggested. Instead he chose to seek out the Lord with all his heart. He questioned the Lord but in his heart he did not sin; he did not blame God for his circumstances.
When I found out cancer was going to rock my world, two thoughts came immediately to mind; I am so glad I know the Lord because upon that rock my eternity is certain. Secondly, I can like Job say, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him." (Job 13:15) Through this experience I have gotten to know my God and Savior so much better. He has provided for every need each step of the way and I am still here, though statistics said I should be long gone by now. At the end of his trial Job said to the Lord very sure words each of us should take to heart. "I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes." (Job 42:2,5-6)
Job saw himself in comparision to the beauty and holiness of God and could do nothing but humble himself in the sight of the Lord. What we do with the trials that come our way makes a huge difference now and forever. Don't turn away. There is a better way. Trust God.


For more posts from Comfort in Christ Cancer Support go to http://comfortinchristcancersupport.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment