The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd
Comfort In Christ

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Step At A Time


Way down the road, I can see where I’m going and it’s an amazing place with no crying, no more death, or sorrow. Night and darkness have vanished away. Even the sun and the moon have disappeared from existence. Nothing obstructs the view of the Lamb of God. Every mountain and hill have been laid low. A pure river of the water of life flows from His throne. (Isaiah 40:4, Revelation 21 & 22) I know where I’m going and that my friends is to be with Jesus forever in His glorious kingdom. Between now and then life is lived one day at a time, one step at a time. No mere cliché – tis true. For all of us our time here is but a vapor, a mist that appears for a little while and vanishes away like the darkness. (James 4:14) Without Jesus as Lord and King, life is truthfully empty, devoid of hope and meaning. Only He can satisfy the innate need to be forgiven and reconciled to the Creator of the universe. Only He can provide the peace that surpasses understanding. (Philippians 4:7) If you know Jesus in a real and intimate way, far beyond the bounds of religious ritual, I’ll see you there in that place of eternal bliss. Only Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of the law as He hung upon that cross. There’s nothing more we can do.

With Jesus by our side, paving the way ahead, it’s possible to not only endure trials that come our way, but to discover more love for Him than ever before. As sure as I know the distance from the earth to the sun, I know for sure I don’t really have a “strong constitution.” I don't always “think positively.” I am kept by the Savior of mankind and am positive about this because His Word says so. He is strong when I am weak. It has been so plainly seen this past year as I’ve relished being a member of the body of Christ. Think of me as a little toe in this trial with cancer – a weaker member uplifted by many strong arms belonging to my brothers and sisters in Christ. These dear ones lifted me up in prayer as I took one step at a time toward the Lord, facing Heaven despite the encumbrances of this earth.

I look way down the road and see Jesus. Soon I will meet Him face to face, perhaps in day or in a moment. That is up to Him. The point is, I am ready whenever He chooses to call me home. I have learned in dealing with cancer that it is an exercise in futility, a total waste of time, to allow the mind to drift into what might happen in the future.  God lives, breathes and moves in the present and provides fullness of joy despite a cancer diagnosis. If you know Jesus, the way down the road is easy because we can cast all our cares upon Him. Be encouraged to press on my friends to the upward call of God because He knows the way home – one step at a time. (Philippians 3:14)   

For more posts from Comfort in Christ Cancer Support go to http://comfortinchristcancersupport.blogspot.com/
To receive automatic email updates of new posts, send an email request to: comfortinchrist@googlegroups.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment