The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd
Comfort In Christ

Friday, September 28, 2012

Our Volunteers...Wendy

I thought it would be nice to get a little snippet from our volunteers about their lives and post it here on the blog to foster connections and growing together in the Lord's grace. I hope to see many more here. :-) 

Wendy was the first to send me her bio...
   ...I grew up in a small suburb near Chicago, IL.  When I was about forty, I returned to school for my Masters degree in Blind Rehabilitation.  I found a job at the Veterans Hospital here in Tucson and have been working here since 1998 teaching Low Vision and Living Skills. 
I really enjoy dogs, but don't have any of my own now because I am renting.  I also enjoy reading and watching old movies.  I am starting to try cooking again too. 
My favorite verse is 2 Corinithians 13:9, "For when we are weak you are strong".  I say this one to myself all the time!"...

No comments:

Post a Comment